Thursday, March 08, 2007

True Intentions

I wanted to post more than once yesterday, totally my intentions. But, as you can see, that didn't happen. Too busy!! I was able to get the kitchen looking decent though. I cooked last night and made the "every one's mom made this when they were little" pork chop and potato casserole. You know the one I am talking about. Pork chops that are browned on the skillet first, then put into the oven with sliced potatoes and cream of mushroom. I like to kick mine up a notch by adding some onion and chives. My kid had a field day. Ever notice how kids smother everything in ketchup? I can't believe I ever did that as a child, but I'm sure I did.

It's about 5:30 am and I am up with the Meloncutter. He always gets up super early. If you want to roll with the big dogs, you got to get up early. That's what one of my managers used to say when I was a department head way back.

Anyway, I have a long day ahead of me. I will be at our future "Market place" store by six thirty. I am making sure we look good. The top three will be in the zone today for a retirement party of one of our managers. He has been with the company for 36 years. Whew! His last day is tomorrow. Then, I have to be at a store tonight around 9 pm to help out. Ugh. The life of a zonie.

So, I will get off to catch up on some of my favorites out there before I have to leave. Till' later...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

zonie or zombie. Ouch! that's a grueling schedule, sister. Try to be gentle with yourself when you can.

Cheryl said...

I've caught up on your blog, finally. Going away is fun, but then you have to make up for what you miss. Anyway, I've never had your pork chop casserole. We grew up on shake and bake for pork chops. Must be why I don't know what to do with them.

The Market Place will be your store with the 'cafe's', right? When will that open?

You sure are busy. It's a good thing you like your job and most all the folks you work with.

Any pictures to share?

Andrew said...

Hey Gal,

Thanks for your comment today. It made my day getting to hear from you. I know how busy you are. I replied to it right below on my blog. Take care and don't stay out too late tonight at work. You zonie's have busy lives. You remind me of Annabel with your business.

Your bud,

Andrew

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

hey, i replied to your post on my blog, thx again. been a hectic work week here, as well. maybe thats why the post was so melencholy.

captain corky said...

If I knew you were cooking I would have come over for dinner. I hope you get some time off soon.

Leann said...

I faintly remember eating that pork chop thing when I was a kid. Anything with cream of mushroom soup I try to forget.....bleck!!

Sounds like you'll be busy for the day....but do try and have fun!

Anonymous said...

While you may be of a touchy feely sort, I'd rather doubt your an "energy leech" when greeting others. Your just too darned perky for that! :>

-P

Andfre said...

Awe man I love the pork chops and mushroom soup! My mom made it and then my wife made it too (back when she was my wife before I became happily divorced). I have not made it more than a couple of times for my daughter. So they would use one of those thingies that you plug in, not sure what they are called, wait maybe an electric frying pan? Has the cover? Very old school? I dont have one which could be why I have not made it was much.

I've been thinking about getting a slow cooker cuz I love roasts and think that would be good. Ever use one? I think they are popular again. In Canada anyway, and we often follow American trends when it comes to cooking. Except for Poutine, that's all ours.

Abbagirl thanks for the good wishes for me to get over my cold. Today was better :)

Anonymous said...

As the old saying goes....

"Late to bed and
early to rise,
makes you all tired and
puts bags under your eyes."

There are times one has to wonder if exhaustion and an early grave in the world of retail grocery is a real future. That guy who is retiring must be a tough old fart to make it 36 years.

The pork chop thing sounded good. I might have to try that

Later Y'all

Parlancheq said...

Um, my mom never made pork chop and potato casserole. Why do I suddenly feel that I was deprived as a child? ;)