Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Work is a Drag


Work has been a total drag. I have so much to do. Time management is definitely not on my side this year. I have had a headache for 2 days now. Maybe it's stress. Maybe I'm depressed. Probably both.

I just can't seem to get into my groove. I was doing so well there for awhile. Going to one of my stores and seeing my best guy friend has been a total drag lately. He's got a girlfriend and hasn't really wanted to hang out lately, nor does he call me anymore. I am such a jealous little girl. I so need to get over it. It's making me be a bigger loser than I was when I originally started this blog.

I have to train three people this Friday. I used to work with two of them. Joy. One guy is an eccentric gay boy who does things his own way, not the way it's suppose to be. Not to forget to mention that he is a total closet slut. The other one is a girl who is this petite, pretty little thing. She has some Hispanic blood in her. All the more to want to stab her in the head with a pitchfork for being so pretty. She is an out of the closet slut. Joking. She is quite an airhead and I know that I do a better job than both of them put together. Thus, the reason why I am the one training them.

Television has become pathetic. News is depressing, reality shows are not reality at all. I am addicted to the show called "The Hills" on MTV. It is the dumbest show I know, but I am hooked because Heidi is such an idiot. I enjoy watching this show and laughing my ass of because she is such an airhead. She quits everything she tries. Definitely a spoiled brat who needs to live in her car for awhile (thank you Andrew). Maybe then will she realize what the real world could be like.

If there is anyone who has some advice on how to make my job more fun and productive, please let me know. I basically go into my stores and make sure that the departments that I oversee are doing everything according to the program, plus some. Luckily, I am not a bitch like the girl who had the same position before me. I am well-liked among most. I guess it makes it a little easier.

My boyfriend thinks he is living here. I can't remember the last time he stayed the night in his own house. I don't mind really, but my apartment is getting smaller and smaller. It's that independence that I don't want to lose. Know what I mean?


Okay, enough bitchin' for now. There is no one else I can bitch to, so I guess you are it.

2 comments:

Karin's Korner said...

You are so down today. Work is only as fun as you make it. Why you ask??? Because work is work, otherwise it would be called fun. Seems to me that you really don't have a "boss" so you should be able to have a little fun as long as you are getting done what needs to be done. I have a wonderful boss, could not ask for better, but if you read my blog you will see that I have had a real a**hole of a boss too.

Jim said...

Tough, growth tho, comes thru the 'mundane' that is a fact, seems slow, monotonous and depressing, but you have to rise above it with remembering that these folks, your labor, they need a word now and then, you are their touch with reality. That is my opinion anyway, it does get hard to take, treat em like they 'want' to be treated, that'll work, lol.

Your buddy and your apt, that is your problem, I can't even touch that one. Think of the kid maybe? I really don't know what I would do.

Sounds like a good job, I would want to keep it and make it work somehow, I haven't been able to get a job for 3 years, do okay, a little here and there, enough, but no 'job' for real. Miss that.

Hang in there, I hope your headache improves, eating helps, as does aspirin on a full stomach. Thanks for your visit, and your fine and encouraging comments. See ya later Abbagirl. Jim.