Sunday, June 18, 2006

ABBA Fan for Life


I am such a dork. I recently became an Abba fan in 2004. When I am asked what kind of music I like, strange looks appear when I confess my love for this Swedish band. Those looks probably come because I also mention that I love John Mayer, some blues, and some R&B. I am also a lover of the Top 40. It's weird, I like it all really.

A friend of mine said that most men who like Abba are stereotyped as homosexual. I say that their music would make anyone gay :). LOL. Happy that is.

I have gotten so bad about listening to their cd all of the time that my boyfriend has started recognizing the music. He likes country music. He says that" it is sad that he knows some of the Abba songs by a couple of notes". I think it is great.

Currently, my favorite songs to listen to are Angeleyes and Lay All Your Love On Me. Both kind of describe what I am going through with a close guy friend. This friend has distanced himself. A new girlfriend is in the picture. Oh well, it happens to the best of us, right?

I will try and find a new song to listen to for the next couple of weeks. Maybe I will find one that fits my mood.

P.S.
I have finished the April archive of the 4th Avenue Blues. If you haven't checked out this blog, you need to. This guy is phenomenal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try and listen to Chiquitita. And the Yanni version of the Abba classics. Abba was a rage when i was younger- which was a long long time ago.
You've got me humming
austere