Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Daydreaming

Ugh, tired this morning! I woke up last night around 1:30 with major heartburn. The sausage with peppers and onions I made last night with the cilantro rice did me in. It was so bad I had to go to the store to get something for it. Never had to do that before. Yuck. It's weird walking around the grocery store so late at night. Eerie! Anyway, I am feeling much better today.

I have been pondering about my job lately. I am a food lover, all kinds, it doesn't really matter. My favorite, of course, is Korean. My Asian background has matured my palate and I find myself yearning for more than just your average restaurant meal. Don't get me wrong. There are many places I have eaten where the food has been delicious, but I dream of having visitors over to cook authentic cuisine. Unfortunately, the friends with the food heritage I am looking for is bleak to say the least. What does all of this have to do with my job? Well, absolutely nothing. I just wish it would.

Working for a major grocer in the United States is okay at best. Because of my limitations on moving at this point, I am not able to relocate closer to the "Mothership" of my company. I would love to work in the gourmet foods and spirits department. This department specializes in cheese, wine, imports, etc. It's a food lover's dream job, unless you are Anthony Bourdain, of course.

I am scheduled off today, but type this as I am on a conference call. Mornings like this allow me to daydream about what could be. Anything is possible at the age of 35. Right? Indulge me, please.

Later...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're 35. You're young enough to do whatever you want...

Anonymous said...

... oh, and you can do anything you set your mind to do!!!!

austere said...

The world awaits, O'lady!

Foodie people mint millions...

Leann said...

Who is Anthony Bourdain?

You are young enough to do anything you want my dear. I'm closing on 50 and still haven't made up my mind and have been on many a glorious adventure trying to discover where I belong.

Ride that daydream ship to where ever your imagination can take you.

Jamie said...

Anything honestly IS possible, especially at 35! That's the best age in the world, you are smart enough to know what you want, and young enough to still get it! You do what makes you happy girl..

Hugs. :)

Cheryl said...

Anything is possible at the age of 35. Anything at all. Don't give up your dreams! Your job might not be ideal, but it's a good one and there's lots you love about it. Bide your time and find your pleasure where you can.

Diva's Thoughts said...

Yes...anything is definitely possible!

David Kim said...

Abbagirl,

Korean BBQ is the best! You should have some next time you're in Los Angeles. L.A. has the best Korean food.