Saturday, April 12, 2008

Dinner With Goldfish

I've got dinner going. Nothing special this evening. Meatloaf, creamy garlic potato mash, steamed broccoli spears, and crescent rolls. It's simple and done within 30 minutes. Gotta love that Rachel Ray!

Today was a pretty good day at work. I went to my first store to promote a new manager. That was fun. She will do a fantastic job, but I have noticed she tends to doubt herself at times. I then went to another store to pick up some keys to let me into an old store. We needed to get in there to get some supplies out before we decide to sell it. Then I went to another store to drop off some supplies and headed for home. There were some sprinkles here and there today, but it has been extremely windy. The Kansas wind is something to be reckoned with. I have seen it turn over 18-wheelers like they were rag dolls. Yep, it's crazy tornado season once again.

I have a co-worker who is a storm chaser. Crazy ass is what he is. He loves chasing storms! He even has one of those little satellites on the side of his house with like this mini Doppler radar system going. It's some pretty high tech stuff. whatever...

Josh took the kid to the fish store and purchased some things for the new tank. The kid kept it pretty basic. I figured he would deck it out in Sponge Bob, but he kept it pretty low key. The tank now has blue rocks, a log with some foliage, and three goldfish. I love watching the fish swim around. It's quite relaxing.

Okay, so I am off to tend to dinner and I plan on catching up on more blogs this evening. Hope you all had a great Saturday!

7 comments:

Andfre said...

I love meatloaf! If only I was permitted to make it. I don't know about where you live but up here it has a bad rap with kids, hearing the old "not meatloaf again" has prejudged it for them prior to ever having some. Like I don't think my kids ever had it but she wont let me make it. Maybe I'll just surprise her.

Dave said...

Meatloaf would be good enough for me as I tend to love the food that people don't often like.

Glad to hear that your day at work was pretty good.

Speaking about storm chasers.... TWISTER was definitely one of my favorite movies back then.

Have a great weekend! :-)

Cheryl said...

I love meatloaf but Emily doesn't like it so no sense in making it. I'll have it at the old buffet from time to time.

We had a goldfish for years. I hated cleaning the tank, but liked the fish. Now, no fish, no cleaning. Easy.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Tory said...

Dinner sounds wonderful. It must smell great in your house right now.
Have you ever been in a tornado? I have always wanted to see one..just once. I would go with your co-worker to see one.
I hope you have a fantastic weekend, Abbagirl. Hugs!
Take care
Tory

Leann said...

Yummy on the menu. Love meatloaf.

Short story...daughter bought two goldfish in high schoolf or a science project involving food. We expected them to die. Five years later we still had those same stinkin' goldfish. Who knew?

David Kim said...

Tornadoes wisk people away to the magical land of Oz, right?

Portia said...

I love meatloaf. It was one of the most normal things my mom made. Any night that wasn't spicy fried tofu was a good night for dinner at our house, lol.