Sunday, January 04, 2009

I Am So Full

Have you ever tried the shrimp pasta from The Red Lobster? It's pretty good for restaurant food. Well, tonight I decided to make it at home. It turned out so much better than Red Lobster's version! I used all fresh ingredients. Fresh shrimp, Parmesan Reggiano (the real stuff), fresh parsley, fresh cream and lots of garlic. There was also some chicken stock in there which came from the pourable box (Thank you Swanson's). Josh is on the recliner and he can't move. I think I better make a low fat version next time or our furniture will never forgive us.

I worked today. It went by pretty fast. Lots to do this year. I am sure I will get most of it done. I talked about Possibilities vs. Resolutions the other day. One of my possibilities this year is to lose weight. I am not talking about a few pounds here or there, I mean lots! It's a possibility I may lose that weight, and then I may not. At least I won't make resolutions and then feel guilty about breaking them. It's my life right?

Another possibility I plan to work on is my contribution to my community. I would love to volunteer more and get my kid involved with this also. The kid already volunteers at a local church once a month. I wouldn't mind working with the homeless. I think I could help a lot of people who need it.

What are you doing in your communities? Do you volunteer? Can anyone give me some more suggestions?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping to eat more veggies, but I'm not going to make it a resolution... just keep it out there as an "effort"

Cheryl said...

I like your 'possibilities'. That's a good way of putting it. I'd like to do more. I do donate financially, and I should really do more for my mother. That would be a good place for me to 'volunteer.' My mom is so lonely.

marykay said...

I love the shrimp pasta there because I am now dieting I will not ask your recipe..maybe later. I give to my community through church and local schools,but my daughter works at a homeless shelter, soup kitchen, kids for Christ and so on. She started in High School and I think that is the key. Good idea I wish I was more involved, she has a great heart.

Anonymous said...

"real" food from fresh ingredients is ALWAYS best. mmmmm. sounds delicious.

Another community service kind of thing you might consider is getting involved with some of the community-organizing work that is working on some of the issues in your community... you know, sort of trying to figure out and keep so many people from needing shelters and soup kitchens.

Leann said...

I listed my plans for the year on my blog. They are many and varied. I know I may not accomplish all of them, but it gives me direction.

Good luck with yours!!

Anonymous said...

Volunteering is a great idea. Every year my 6 y/o and I donate canned goods to food pantries. She loves doing it. I volunteer for my local Freecycle group and my PTO. Hoping to volunteer more this year and include my 6 y/o, it's always refreshing to see others who are showing their children that volunteering your time is important! Good luck with your possibility of losing weight! Big Hugs!

Annabel said...

I like your term better. Sounds like good plans. The shrimp pasta sounds delicious.

David Kim said...

I love shrimp. I once stayed at Sizzler's for 3 hours while my poor sister watched me eat All-You-Can-Eat Shrimp like a hungry hungry hippo.

I volunteer by teaching Sunday School at church. It's fun working with kids.