Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Vacation's All I Ever Wanted

A day off. It started off with a phone call from my best co-worker friend at 7:15 a.m. I was a little irked at him, but forgave him once I fell back asleep. I had a conference call at 9 a.m. I had another phone review at 10:15 which lasted until 11:00. After lunch, I took the kid to his dentist appointment. Then came home, took a short nap, cooked dinner, watched my shows, talked to my two best friends on the phone about our next vacation and now I am here.

My friends and I are thinking of taking a 4 day trip to Colorado. Our plans are to visit Canon City area, the Royal Gorge, take a dinner train, and visit the winery. I think 4 days is plenty of time. It will be about a nine hour drive from Wichita, considering I have a lot of 2-lane traffic on the way there. I love interstate highways. You can pass with ease. Anyway, we are looking at going the first full week in October, perhaps a Monday thru Friday trip. I am pretty excited about it. We love experiencing new foodie things, so the winery and the local restaurants are the biggest must haves on our list. I can't wait.

Speaking of vacations, my brother and I are planning the trip to Ohio in August with the whole family. My job is to find all of the accommodations, set reservations, find any good deals and well... I guess I am pretty much doing all of the leg work. That's okay. I like planning those types of things. Little brother is worried about the money situation and having enough to bring. He is also looking at taking another vacation later in the year. I told him not to worry. That is what big sisters are for. I know what it used to be like when I was young and single with no kid. You didn't have any worries. He doesn't either, but he is frugal with his money. I guess all of us kids are. I don't mind spending my money on things I know I deserve, like vacations.

Okay, enough talk about traveling. It's making me antsy. I can't wait to go now. I am off to visit your blogs.

later...

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm taking two vacations this summer. It's hard to get away in my line of work. I don't want my clients going to other people! I'd love to visit my blogging buds.

Seth M. Ward said...

Let me know if you guys want to stop in Indy for lunch or dinner. My treat:D I'm hoping to take a 4 day weekend in the fall and go to Sacramento to visit friends....time will tell.

austere said...

Big sisters are like that, huh?
Have a nice day.