Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The One I Can't Have

I love him. From the very beginning, I loved him. It is the confident way he carries himself; shoulders back, head held high. It's his boyish grin, almost too shy to show it. It is the innocence, the way that he is when he is near me. It's what he chooses to reveal about himself to me and the thoughts he keeps to himself. Why always so private? I know. It's no one's business. It is the way he teases, always with that hint of sarcasm. It's the amazing way he can recall all things. It is his independence and the reality that he needs no one. It's because he is so comfortable with who he is. It is his honesty, however brutal it may be. It's all he has to offer and all he is not willing to give. All of these things make him the one I cannot have, despite how much I love him.

3 comments:

Jim said...

Sounds like me, sorry, I should be better behaved. lol.

Anonymous said...

Why can't you have him?

Billy said...

Because I love someone who loves someone else.